Saturday, May 15, 2010

And so it begins...

For the longest time I've talked about my dream show, "Von Voyage", and how I would be the next Anthony Bourdain. Now that I've graduated and jobless, I have plenty of time to really pursue this dream of mine. It all begins with a simple blog...a travel blog.

Von Voyage is not about the glitz and the glam. It is about your backyard and everything you're missing out there because society has told us that we ALL MUST GO TO ITALY (not saying there's anything wrong with Italy, I loved it). I want to share the diamonds in the rough. I want to explore places that are easily overlooked.

Because I barely have a penny to my name, Von Voyage will remain local: Washington DC.

After watching the movie, "Julie & Julia" I realized that there are million blogs out there. How am I going to ensure that mine sticks out? What I needed was a fresh idea. Something that the travel community has yet to experience. So then I thought...METRO.

There are so many metro stops in the DC metro area and yet few have really been explored. I will be making those adventures happen...and you will all experience it with me.

So throughout my summer of exploration and self-discovery, equipped with my sister's Flip Cam in hand, I will be documenting the local, in and around a different area of DC. The day life, the night life, the food. I want to see it all. And hopefully you'll all enjoy what I have to say.

~ Safe Travels, but Travel Daringly

Von

3 comments:

  1. Can I accompany you on your adventures Vony? I love the District, and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can. I would love some company when I explore the nooks and crannies of our fair city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww boo boo!!!! Your finally gonna see DC...its only been 4 years! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete